INDIGO COLOR and gene

General discussion about pigeon genetics
alexbreeze

Re: INDIGO COLOR and gene

Post by alexbreeze »

Yeah. I'm assuming it would look like a homozygous Andalusian with darker lacing, maybe some fret marks on the tail and a slightly lighter plum head but I couldn't say for sure.
alexbreeze

Post by alexbreeze »

I know that Indigo Barless produces an almost entirely blue pigeon, what does homozygous Indigo barless look like?
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Post by AdamArcher »

Again that's one I haven't tried. I am interested in the heterozygous indigo barless though. Unfortunately at the moment I'm still struggling to get the pied out of my barless heterozygotes.
alexbreeze

Post by alexbreeze »

AdamArcher wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm Oh you mean homozygous rec opal, homozygous indigo, and spread? I don't actually know what that would look like. I've got the ingredients here, maybe I should give it a go!
Yeah that would be really interesting, which combinations of the genes do you already have? I saw you have a spread recessive opal project and produced a couple of young birds in September. Have those pairings produced black opals or just regular ones?
AdamArcher
Site Admin

Post by AdamArcher »

Right now I have spread in all base colours,
Recessive opal on spread, bar, and check,
and one lone andalusian cock.

I doubt I'll get time to breed from the andalusian this year, it is already very late in the Australian season. The birds have already started moulting, and its about time to finish breeding, get through the moult, and gear up for racing in May.
alexbreeze

Post by alexbreeze »

Ah glad to hear the Spread recessive opal project was a success!